How Long To Get A Build Over Agreement

If you want to know more, our detailed instructions are a good start. They will help you identify if and what type of consent you need. You must then submit either a declaration of work form or a request for a formal agreement. As Thames Water is legally responsible for the maintenance of these sewers and effluents, there are construction agreements to ensure that these elements have been taken into account when designing your proposed foundations. The agreement not only ensures that in the future Thames Water will be able to have sufficient access to sewers or sewers, but also ensures that the proposed foundations are designed in such a way as to reduce the risk to the canal or flow. Thames Water may also require that the proposed foundation be built at a safe distance from sewers or sewers, avoiding the risk of damage. The first takeaway is that a build-over agreement only applies to public sewers and sewers. NB: if the sewage disposal channel is pumped, an overstructure or just before the agreement is not allowed and a section 185 “diversion of a public sewer” can be requested. A Thames Water Build Over agreement is a quality label for the proposed work and is usually required for all excavation work within 3 meters of a public sewer or sewer. We may need to carry out additional studies for sewers with a diameter greater than 375 mm. This may delay authorization. Learn more about the process.

Sometimes problems arise when homeowners try to sell their property, partially or entirely built over a public sewer. Winter gardens and extensions are the usual culprits. If no construction contract has been concluded during the execution of the work, the water company has the legal right to enter the land to access the sewers, even if this means that the structure above the sewers will be demolished. However, the Water Company will not cause damage to the extent possible and will look for other ways to access the sewers, but the risk remains. If a Build Over agreement has been reached, the water company is not allowed to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. The other possibility is for the seller to give the buyer liability insurance in order to protect himself against the financial losses caused by the construction of the property via a public sewer. This is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether insurance is available or not depends on the circumstances of each case. If it is established that the existing pipe is in poor condition or the material is unlucky, you need to reinstall the length of the pipe under the structure at your own expense so that an extension can be considered….

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.